Some users face this issue while initializing the disk on the Windows 10 PC which generally shows when inserting the external hard drive or SSD. This issue can also occur in different scenarios, and it is necessary to fix it because you can’t use the drive before fixing this error. If you want to know the steps to fix disk not initialized problem on Windows 10, then follow the method given in this article.
- Using the Diskpart to fix this issue
- In case the system speed gets down, you need to start using the installation media for installing the windows for this procedure.
- Place the installation drive on the CD drive.
- Otherwise, start making and booting the system.
- You will get the Choose your keyboard menu, so you need to select the one which you wish to.
- You will get the Choose an option menu on the screen.
- You need to go to the Troubleshoot option.
- Press on the Advanced Options button.
- Click on the Command Prompt menu.
- Select the Run as administrator menu.
- By going to the command prompt menu, enter the “diskpart” in the new column.
- Press on the Enter key to execute the command.
- It will start changing the Command Prompt menu.
- It will let you execute different Diskpart.
- Now, you will get the menu list of the drivers which are available now.
- Press on the Enter button.
- You need to run the command which is mentioned below:
DISKPART> list disk
- You need to select the drive properly.
- After that, execute the below-mentioned command to choose the necessary drive:
DISKPART> select disk 1
- You will get a text which indicates the “Disk 1 is the selected disk” on the screen.
- If you don’t want to get any noise, you have to enter the command which is mentioned below.
Create Partition Primary
- Press on the Enter button.
- You need to make a Primary Partition.
- Now, you need to turn on that option.
- At last, the last command will start formatting the drive by going to the file system which you want to select.
- After considering the file system menu, you need to select FAT32 to run the below-mentioned command:
format fs=ntfs quick
- Close the Command Prompt.
- You need to check whether this issue is fixed or not.
- Remove the CMOS Battery
- Launch the system case.
- Search for the battery on the motherboard of your system,
- In case you are not able to find the CMOS battery, you need to go through the motherboard and system documentation.
- Search for the internet option.
- In case the system is taking the help of the coin cell battery, you need to remove the battery.
- Start using the fingers to get the corner of the battery and drag it up and take out from the socket.
- You need to wait for a few minutes, and you need to clean the battery first.
- Start initializing the drive.
- Now, you need to check whether this issue is fixed or not.
- Updating the Disk Drivers
- Click on the Start menu option.
- It is located at the end left-hand side of the display.
- You need to enter the “Device Manager” in the search bar.
- Choose the column from the menu list.
- You need to press on the first result.
- Start using the Windows and R keys together.
- It will open the Run utility checkbox.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the prompt box.
- Press on the OK button.
- It will launch the Device Manager menu.
- Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- It is located on a new window.
For more details visit: https://go-avast.com/