Operating an iOS has its perks; however, among the minor facilities that iOS devices lack is Unzipping. Opening a zip file on iOS is not ideal as there are only a few official ways to do so, and those too are limited. So, here are the instructions to open zip files on an iPad or iPhone.
Launch and Access Zip File Content
If you want to launch and access zip file content, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to go to the file attachment box on Mail and select “Tap to Download.”
- After the file is downloaded, select it once again.
- Then the computer will show details about the contents and zip file.
- For example, it may show the figure of files and estimated size with the file name.
- Navigate to the Preview Content. This should show a preview of the first thing in the zip file.
- You should select the hamburger menu icon on the left-hand side of the screen. This will show you all the things in the zip file.
- After that, you should select an item name within this list to check it.
- If you view a file you would like to unzip and store, select the Share icon in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Go to the options which come along the lower side, check for “Save to Files.” You may require moving a bit to view this option.
- Then tap on Save to Files.
- The computer will show you accessible locations.
- Select any location you like.
- After choosing a location, go to the folder you would like to extract the file to.
- Now, select Add from the top right-hand side to extract the chosen file and store it in unzipped format to the chosen folder.
Zip and Email Files with Shortcuts
If you want to zip and email files with shortcuts, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by going to launch the Files application.
- Then go to the left side menu and select any accessible location.
- Navigate to the right side, select to go to the folder, which includes the file or files you would like to convert into a zip file.
- After that, tap on Select in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Select one or more than one file or folders to contain the zip file.
- Go to the Share option next to the lower side of the screen.
- You will see the options which come, tap on Shortcuts.
- When the Zip and Email shortcut shows in the list, select it.
- Later, it will create a zip file.
- Insert it on your email as an attachment.
- Now, you should input email recipients, subject and message, and then select the Send option.
Hey, I am Alex Clara, a certified technical professional for avast with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your avast.com/activate then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from avast Experts in a small time period.